Friday, April 17, 2009

I had myself a bit of fun last night. Although the Sentinels are starting to think that I'm a sadist. I'm not . . . usually. Sometimes I wonder about myself though. It is a rather interesting mental exercise to draw out their deepest, darkest sexual fantasies then let them think I made them come true. Sometimes, even being able to read people's minds doesn't help me understand them any better. At least none of the ones I've messed around with show any inclination of seeking me out. Maybe it was that subtle warning I put into each of their pseudo-experiences.

Theirrian wasn't very happy when he found out what I was doing to them, but morale hasn't suffered any. We discussed things over tea on his veranda this morning. I am continually surprised at how different he is from my expectations of him. Below is a transcript of our conversation I had recorded.

"You look beautiful this morning."

Theirrian smirked. "That is my line."

"Mmm, maybe so but you do look nice."

"I'm hung over Sarin."

"So, bleary eyed and sleepy suits you."

"I really won't ever understand you will I."

"Probably not." I sipped my tea, smiling at him over the rim of the cup. "There is only one person who can."

"I know, I know you don't have to remind me. I'm still a bit confused about the whole thing personally. I mean who knew Zaryfa could predict something like that."

"Ah, she didn't so much predict as guess. She's different about those types of things."

"So are you going to go through with it?" He sat back looking at me and I found I couldn't hold that intense blue gaze.

"I have to don't I."

No comments:

Post a Comment